OGE Summer Scholarships
The Office of Global Education awards scholarships to defray costs of summer study abroad for students with high financial need. All students who are nominated to a Georgetown summer study abroad program are automatically considered for this scholarship opportunity; there is no application required. Scholarship amounts range from 20% to 50% of billable program cost. Students who are selected for a scholarship will be notified in early March.
Georgetown Academic Department Scholarships
Several GU departments offer financial aid for specific overseas summer programs, including:
- The African Studies Summer Fellowship (new window) for study abroad in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- The Heinz C. Prechter and The Kurt R. Jankowsky Scholarships for the study of German in Trier, Germany. All interested students should contact Professor Peter Pfeiffer, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The E. Joseph McCarthy Fellowship (new window) for the study of French in Tours, France
- The McDonough School of Business small grants for undergraduate summer study Hong Kong, Oxford, and Barcelona (Please complete this form to apply).
- Classics majors participating on the Summer in Rome, Italy programs may be eligible for a summer scholarship from the Classics department. All interested students should contact Professor Josiah Osgood, email@example.com.
Outside Scholarships for Summer
- The Associated Colleges in China (new window) (new window)(ACC) (new window) offers limited scholarships for the Beijing program. Awards are merit-based.
- If you are participating on the joint Georgetown-Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE) program in St. Petersburg, you may be eligible for financial aid from CIEE (new window).
- The National Security Education Project (NSEP) David Boren Scholarship (new window) also provides financial assistance to first and second-year students on summer language-immersion programs of eight weeks or more.
- Students receiving Pell Grants during the regular academic year may be eligible for additional Pell Grant support for summer study abroad. Please contact the Office of Student Financial Services for more information. Pell Grant recipients are also eligible for Gilman Scholarships (new window) for summer study abroad. Gilman Scholarships are open to students of all majors who receive Pell Grants and planned to study overseas for at least three weeks in the same country. Students should check the program website for more information.
- STA Travel has joined forces with the Fund for Education Abroad (FEA) to bring you the Start the Adventure Scholarship, a scholarship opportunity for students studying abroad during the summer semester, with each scholarship valued at $2,500. The scholarship is open to students studying abroad for at least four weeks. Students should check the program website for more information.