Georgetown Academic Department Scholarships
Several GU departments offer financial aid for specific overseas summer programs, including:
- The African Studies Summer Fellowship for study abroad in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- The Heinz C. Prechter and The Kurt R. Jankowsky Scholarships for the study of German in Trier, Germany. All interested students should contact Professor Peter Pfeiffer, email@example.com.
- The E. Joseph McCarthy Fellowship (new window) for the study of French in Tours, France
- The McDonough School of Business offers scholarship support for students who are nominated to participate in an MSB summer study abroad program. All students will be considered automatically for scholarship funds based on demonstrated financial need. Interested students may contact Monija Amani (Senior Assistant Dean and Director of Global Programs and Partnerships) in the MSB Undergraduate Dean’s Office for more information.
- Classics majors participating on the Summer in Rome, Italy programs may be eligible for a summer scholarship from the Classics department. All interested students should contact Professor Josiah Osgood, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Outside Scholarships for Summer
- The Associated Colleges in China (ACC) offers limited scholarships for the Beijing program. Awards are merit-based.
- If you are participating on the joint Georgetown-Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE) program in St. Petersburg, you may be eligible for financial aid from CIEE (new window).
- The National Security Education Project (NSEP) David Boren Scholarship (new window) also provides financial assistance to first and second-year students on summer language-immersion programs of eight weeks or more.
- Students receiving Pell Grants during the regular academic year may be eligible for additional Pell Grant support for summer study abroad. Please contact the Office of Student Financial Services for more information. Pell Grant recipients are also eligible for Gilman Scholarships (new window) for summer study abroad. Gilman Scholarships are open to students of all majors who receive Pell Grants and planned to study overseas for at least three weeks in the same country. Students should check the program website for more information.
Arielle Kasey DaCosta Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship was created by the family of Georgetown student Arielle Kasey DaCosta C’11, an alumna of Villa Le Balze who passed away in 2009. The scholarship supports students with financial need who are studying at the Villa during the summer term. Priority is given to students majoring in the arts or humanities, or studying these subjects at Villa Le Balze. Students who meet these criteria will be automatically considered for the scholarship; no application is necessary. Awards may vary on a yearly basis, up to $5,000. OGE identifies recipients in coordination with the Office of Student Financial Services.