Health and Wellness
Students have access to the on-campus Student Health Center (SHC), the main medical facility for students on campus. Located in Darnall Hall, the SHC provides students with access to doctors, nurse practitioners, immunization clinics, and other medical resources. The SHC should be the first place students go if they need medical attention.
In the case of an emergency, students may visit the Emergency Room in Medstar Georgetown University Hospital. Students should only visit the emergency room in the case of an emergency, as non-emergency visits are not covered under the Georgetown Premier Plan health insurance policy.
Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) is the main resource for students’ mental health concerns. CAPS offers a variety of resources, including:
- Evaluations for treatment needs
- Group therapy
- Short-term individual therapy
- Short-term psychiatric medication evaluations and follow-up treatment
- After-hours emergency consultations
- Referrals to outside providers and to higher levels of care (e.g., partial hospitalization programs and inpatient services)
CAPS services are covered by the Georgetown Premier Plan, thus exchange students seeking mental health resources and support are encouraged to utilize their services as needed.