Apply for a Visa

Students must obtain the proper documentation prior to entering the United States; this is required for entry into the country as well as to enroll as a student at Georgetown. Detailed information regarding the immigration process can be found on the International Student and Scholar Services website

All non-US citizens are required to have a J-1 visa stamp to enter the United States. Exceptions to the visa requirement can be found under the “Applying for a Student Visa” section of the ISSS website. If you have any questions regarding the immigration process, please feel free to contact International Student and Scholar services at