Submit Required Documents
Undergraduate exchange applicants must be nominated to participate in an exchange with Georgetown University by their home institution. Students should consult with their home institution regarding their internal application process.
After a student has been nominated, they should create a myGUABROAD account and complete the online application. Once an account has been created, the system will send an e-mail with login instructions, a temporary password, and a prompt to create a permanent password. Your full email address serves as your username for this system, i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org.
After an account has been created and a permanent password chosen, click “Apply Now” and complete the online application. The online application consists of:
- Academic Information Form
- Copy of Passport—dual citizens should upload copies of both passports
- Essay—a statement of academic intent at Georgetown
- Emergency Contact Information
- Course Proposal Form— list of courses of interest at Georgetown
- Housing Preference Form
- Official University Transcript
- Academic Reference letter
- TOEFL score (if applicable)
Academic letters of reference and official transcripts may be submitted by the student or e-mailed to email@example.com by their home institutions by the stated application deadline.