Requesting an unofficial transcript of coursework completed abroad

Students who went abroad during the academic year 2013-2014 or later will have a copy of their unofficial transcript available in the Documents section of their study abroad account.

Students who went abroad prior to fall 2013 may request an unofficial copy of the transcript issued by your study abroad host program or institution by sending an email to with "Transcript Request" in the subject line. Please include the following information:

  • Your full name
  • The name of the program you attended
  • The dates you attended the program
  • Your e-mail contact
  • The address to which the transcript should be sent (please note that you may request to have your transcript placed at our front desk for pick up if you are on campus)

Unofficial transcript requests are typically processed within 3 business days. The Office of Global Education can only provide transcripts from the 2000-2001 academic year and onward.

For CIEE programs, student alumni must contact the US home office of CIEE with transcript requests. Information and request forms are located on CIEE's Alumni Resources page.

Requesting an official transcript from your host institution

Foreign universities do not generally keep long-term records for visiting students, however, in some cases it may be possible to obtain an official transcript from a host institution overseas. To request an official transcript from overseas, students should contact their host institution directly and follow the procedures listed for obtaining an official copy of their academic record.

Interpretation of foreign grades

Grades earned at overseas institutions are posted on the Georgetown transcript in their original form (including language), and are not calculated into the Georgetown GPA with the following exceptions:
• Georgetown in Fiesole, Italy - Villa Le Balze
• Georgetown in Doha, Qatar
• Georgetown in Alanya, Turkey - McGhee Center for Eastern Mediterranean Studies
• Most GU summer programs

The Office of Global Education is not able convert foreign grades into US letter grades. If you are an alumnus who needs this information for graduate school applications or employment offers, you may obtain a letter explaining Georgetown policies and procedures regarding foreign grades from the overseas studies advisor responsible for the region of your study abroad program. If this will not suffice, you should contact a foreign credential evaluation service for a certified evaluation.

Official transcript requests for non-Georgetown study abroad participants

If you are a non-Georgetown student and you participated in a Georgetown study abroad program in Fiesole, Italy; Doha, Qatar; Alanya, Turkey; or a faculty-led summer program, please follow the instructions below on to obtain an official Georgetown transcript.

If you have any difficulties in receiving your transcript, please feel free to contact our office at